AstroThoughts

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

So I stayed home from work today because I woke up with an itchy throat and feeling groggy. I slept again for 5 hours and then felt much better, but I still have the itchy throat. It did make me realize how much I'm becoming tied to work, because I still sent e-mails from home and had to make several calls. I love the fact that some things can't go on without me.

So for the rest of the day I did some reading and watched The Day After Tomorrow. I thought it would be a dud, but it turned out to be really good. Kirsten Dunst dumped a really good actor, and she should be kicking herself, cause nobody's gonna go out with her royal anorexicness now. The other good thing about the movie is that they show lots of snow, and I felt as if it were snowing outside while I was watching the movie. That got me thinking about Christmas, and that made me think about the holidays. Which made me think of how good it felt to be home while I thought it was snowing outside during the holidays. All one circle of a thought.

Speaking of snow, The Polar Express comes out in a couple of weeks. I'm gonna be there on the opening weekend to watch that. I can already tell that it has a great score, because they've chosen to go the classy way and not use contemporary music just because it's an animated movie. Kids don't always have to have pop songs in the soundtrack to a movie to enjoy it. It looks like it'll be a movie that could be a classic, because they haven't dated it with anything current or popular right now. I'm putting heavy expectation on it, but if it lives up to at least half of my hype, it'll be great. And what's great is good. And what's good is sweat. And what's sweat, drips.

~Gers-O