AstroThoughts

Monday, October 04, 2004

I think if I try, I'll be able to sleep by 3 tonight. It's just one of those days, where I felt restless all day. A bad sleep last night should have made me tired today, but besides a lull in the afternoon, I'm super awake now.

I was thinking about winter/Christmas yesterday and today. I was talking about it with someone yesterday, and it's feeling good already. This morning, when I stepped outside, I felt that cool breeze. It was actually really hot in the subway today. It's scary how much heat gets trapped in the underground tunnels. I wonder how much air actually circulates down there. Anyways, the leaves were also blowing so nicely today. I don't know what it is about trees with fluttering leaves, but they're one of my favourite things to look at. Not carniferous trees, just deciduous ones. Good old high school science hard at work.

Skating. This year I'll actually go more than once. And with my own skates. And it'll be great. Hot chocolate and skating. I can understand how people don't like winter, because it's really cold. But skating and hot chockers (just made that up) is one of those things that even people who hate winter have to like. I was talking about skiing yesterday with some people, and even that sounds like a good idea. It's been a while, but I'm up for skiing every 3 years. Because, there's always the apres ski that is fun for everyone even if they had a terrible time on the slopes.

I also hope there's some really good winter movies this year. I'm a real sucker for those. There haven't been many good ones lately. 8 Crazy Nights was garbage, and so are all the "Santa Claus" movies. Love Actually was mediocre, actually. Home Alone still remains the best one. Serendipity is/was really good too. And the claymation Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer is also a classic (not Raging Rudolph, but the real one). I haven't seen any previews or trailers for good Christmas movies, but I guess we have to get past Halloween first.

I just hope this Christmas is the bestest. Not that I'm stressed or need SOMETHING to go right in my life or something like that. I just want to have at least 50 good pictures from good times at Christmas. And that's not even including New Year's.

~Gers-O