AstroThoughts

Monday, June 20, 2005

It must be the sleep, but I've been thinking very well today. It's almost like back to normal. When I took some time off after graduating from university, I wasn't doing much, so my thinking was really super good, mostly because I didn't have much on my mind, and I was really well rested. I think now that I'm settling down in my job, I'm getting back to that comfort level. Plus, I'm not worried abotu the idea of me being left behind after my boss moves to his new location. I figure that if I don't go with him, I'm gonna make the best of it and really push to becoming an advisor. If I can make that happen/work, it'll turn out to be for the best. If it doesn't work out, I'll be forced to make the best of it, and I'm sure I'll land on my feet in the end.

In the meantime, I'm not gonna let anything stop all the good things that are still available to me from getting to me. Or me getting to them. Everytime I hear something negative now, I'm gonna try to make it something that pushes me towards something good. Like how the sudden dissolution of my core group of friends has made me feel a little alienated and alone. That's not a problem that can't be dealt with. It's just a matter of finding a new core. It'll probably be mostly the same people, with some weeding out and some trimming.

And a vacation is definitely up there in terms of things that need to get done. Not having money to put towards it isn't helping things, but there are always ways to get a good vacation done without tonnes of money. Less TV and more me time will help al of these things get done. Not bothering with triviality and focusing on what's important to me will also make things better. That means there's lots of planning to do, and that's something I'm good at. So here goes.......

~Gers-O