AstroThoughts

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Montreal was great fun. My Reuben's chicken club sandwich was delicious, as usual. The requisite meal in old Montreal was also good. Clubbing was fun, but dirty. The hotel was up to par. And the overall time with friends was enjoyable.

But I was thinking about a couple of things over the weekend that haven't left my mind. One of them was a family matter, which has since cleared up somewhat. I really don't like having family things last more than a very short time, but this one was long-lasting from the start. I hope another one doesn't come up soon.

The second thing had to do with work. Work is usually a little stressful, but lately - and now for a while more - it'll be more than just regularly stressful. It's not a problem, but it's something to deal with and to overcome. I'm going to have to grow up a little quicker than I usually like (which is really slowly) but I'm up for it.

In the meantime, trying to balance my social life has been a story of opportunity lost. There isn't enough time after work to fit in people, and weekends have been chock full of things that I don't plan. This one upcoming will be the same. But, it's going to make my eventual vacation so much better, because I won't be anywhere near Toronto, and I won't be doing anything I don't want to be doing.

And that's how it should be.

~Gers-O