AstroThoughts

Thursday, December 15, 2005

I've been listening to alot of Tool lately. They have a really perfect angry sound. They aren't like some alternative bands who try to sound angry/hard but end up sounding pop-y.

Anyways, tomorrow is gonna be crazy in the afternoon. It's gonna snow like crazy, and then people are going to have to drive home in all that craziness. That's one of the major parts of snow that I love - the way it throws a day into chaos. I remember waiting for a school bus for an hour, and then getting to school and playing on the computer all day, and then taking a really long time to get home again. And I remember the subway closing down because of too much snow on the tracks. And there are so many other instances of things that were cancelled, delayed, or otherwise changed because of too much snow. It's gonna be fun.

Only 4 days until Vegas. I can feel it now. People at work keep asking me about it. I keep thinking about it. And I don't have anything planned for the trip either. That's the best part. I love having huge amounts of time ahead of me, so that I can waste it in whatever way I feel like at the moment. I'm sure I'll have a great time. And my rules for gambling on the trip will be these:

1. If, at any given point, I'm up more than the trip cost, then I immediately stop. No question about it. I can spend any extra winnings or spending money to gamble, but I have to cap the cost of the trip so that it's essentially a free trip.

2. No going past my daily limit. That'll mean dividing up how much I'm spending on playing based on time left in the day. So, I'm not gonna play all my money in the morning because "I feel lucky" or something like that.

That's it. Those are 2 good rules to follow to keep me away from Gamblor.

~Gers-O