It took me a while to get back to normal, but today I'm fully back at normal. I needed to play some video games, and to have some time to myself. Friday night I had 10 missed calls and 8 voicemails (4 of which were clicks, and 3 of which were really fuzzy and blurry), because I had put my phone on silent. Silencing the cellphone is something I rarely do (if you call me at 4am, I'll probably answer), but something I have to do more often. This weekend was definitely a good weekend in terms of phone calls. It's a good thing that I never caught the catch, because I have unlimited weekends on my plan, which came in handy over the past 3 days.
But overall, I'm back to normal. Actually, not normal; better. Not that I was worse than normal. Not at all. I just had so many things going on all at the same time: work, RRSP season, planning my birthday, some family things, helping old ladies cross the street, delivering pizzas........it all added up to me never having some down time, or better than downtime, I never had time for driving.
Speaking of driving, I don't know if I've explained the visceral joy that I experience when I drive by myself in my car. I got to drive to my uncle's place today, in Mississauga. Man. What a great drive. It was raining/snowing, and I had Pinkerton in the CD player (It's been spending alot of time in my CD player lately, filling in the spaces between the hip hop), there was light traffic, and it was dark. The only thing better is a snow storm at night. Everything was easy: changing lanes, speeding up, braking was controlled. Even the temperature in my car (which I still haven't mastered control over yet) was pretty good the whole way through. I still don't realize that it's mine sometimes. I still hit the lobby button on my elevator when I'm leaving home, as if I'm walking to the subway station. Driving can almost always put me into a better mood. I'm really looking forward to the hot summer nights, when I can drive with the windows down, and sunroof open, and have an amazing CD in (Keane right now, although Madvillain is quickly picking up steam), and just drive. I've already done a circuit around Markham, North York west of Yonge, Forest Hill, and Lawrence Park. I'm aiming to do Bloor west soon, as well as Richmond Hill. It'll be great. And if you wanna come, just call. I make house calls, but I only take one.
__________________
The best idea I had lately was to have the kool kids klub (which is the name I have in my head for my group of friends) spend more time together. Not that we don't already, but I know there's more fun and games and general up-to-no-goodness to be had and played. I think we're just starting to really get into our groove, with new members finding their comfort zone within the klub, and older members being culled and whittled away. I like that idea now. I'll gladly entertain the idea of new friends into the kkk (lower case please. we don't want to be racist). Especially if they're cute girls. But I also admit that other people were right, and there is a need to stop trying to keep some people as friends. As i had mentioned to some people at my birthday, from now until I'm 30, I'll be bringing the membership of the kkk down to it's core faithful. I'm not being arrogant when I say that you're better off being in than out.
I have this feeling that next weekend will be another great Easter weekend. Even though it's weird to think of Easter as being a happy time (it's only half happy; the other half is very unhappy), I still think that the time spent in church and at home and with my relatives will be a good time. Each differently, but each equally as good as the others.
Plus it's a long weekend.
~Gers-O
But overall, I'm back to normal. Actually, not normal; better. Not that I was worse than normal. Not at all. I just had so many things going on all at the same time: work, RRSP season, planning my birthday, some family things, helping old ladies cross the street, delivering pizzas........it all added up to me never having some down time, or better than downtime, I never had time for driving.
Speaking of driving, I don't know if I've explained the visceral joy that I experience when I drive by myself in my car. I got to drive to my uncle's place today, in Mississauga. Man. What a great drive. It was raining/snowing, and I had Pinkerton in the CD player (It's been spending alot of time in my CD player lately, filling in the spaces between the hip hop), there was light traffic, and it was dark. The only thing better is a snow storm at night. Everything was easy: changing lanes, speeding up, braking was controlled. Even the temperature in my car (which I still haven't mastered control over yet) was pretty good the whole way through. I still don't realize that it's mine sometimes. I still hit the lobby button on my elevator when I'm leaving home, as if I'm walking to the subway station. Driving can almost always put me into a better mood. I'm really looking forward to the hot summer nights, when I can drive with the windows down, and sunroof open, and have an amazing CD in (Keane right now, although Madvillain is quickly picking up steam), and just drive. I've already done a circuit around Markham, North York west of Yonge, Forest Hill, and Lawrence Park. I'm aiming to do Bloor west soon, as well as Richmond Hill. It'll be great. And if you wanna come, just call. I make house calls, but I only take one.
__________________
The best idea I had lately was to have the kool kids klub (which is the name I have in my head for my group of friends) spend more time together. Not that we don't already, but I know there's more fun and games and general up-to-no-goodness to be had and played. I think we're just starting to really get into our groove, with new members finding their comfort zone within the klub, and older members being culled and whittled away. I like that idea now. I'll gladly entertain the idea of new friends into the kkk (lower case please. we don't want to be racist). Especially if they're cute girls. But I also admit that other people were right, and there is a need to stop trying to keep some people as friends. As i had mentioned to some people at my birthday, from now until I'm 30, I'll be bringing the membership of the kkk down to it's core faithful. I'm not being arrogant when I say that you're better off being in than out.
I have this feeling that next weekend will be another great Easter weekend. Even though it's weird to think of Easter as being a happy time (it's only half happy; the other half is very unhappy), I still think that the time spent in church and at home and with my relatives will be a good time. Each differently, but each equally as good as the others.
Plus it's a long weekend.
~Gers-O

<< Home