I shot a 90 today at Parkview. It felt/feels great. I've never broken 100 so convincingly. And I had a good chance of breaking 90, but I wasn't being greedy today. 90 was my target for this year, and now my target it so break 90. I actually think I can shoot an 80, but to get to 90 consistently is the first step.
One thing I didn't expect was to be so nervous over a pretty normal 110-yard shot. I had a 9-iron shot, which, if it had landed on the green, would have left me with a 2-putt for an 89. I completely chunked it, moving it up only about 40 yards. I quickly hit a pitching wedge to 10 feet after that. That shot was much easier for some reason. I ended up 2 putting for the 90, but that's completely fine with me. Now that I think back, there was one hole where I let at least 3 shots go, and that last hole could have easily been a 5. But that's being super greedy. I'll take the 90 for now.
The cottage trip is happening, and I can't wait. What with me having a semi-vacation for the next 2 weeks, and the weather becoming cooler, it couldn't be a fitter ending to a great summer. Plus, all the people going are cool, which is something that money can't buy. I wish it could though. Imagine buying happiness like that? Sigh..........
~Gers-O
One thing I didn't expect was to be so nervous over a pretty normal 110-yard shot. I had a 9-iron shot, which, if it had landed on the green, would have left me with a 2-putt for an 89. I completely chunked it, moving it up only about 40 yards. I quickly hit a pitching wedge to 10 feet after that. That shot was much easier for some reason. I ended up 2 putting for the 90, but that's completely fine with me. Now that I think back, there was one hole where I let at least 3 shots go, and that last hole could have easily been a 5. But that's being super greedy. I'll take the 90 for now.
The cottage trip is happening, and I can't wait. What with me having a semi-vacation for the next 2 weeks, and the weather becoming cooler, it couldn't be a fitter ending to a great summer. Plus, all the people going are cool, which is something that money can't buy. I wish it could though. Imagine buying happiness like that? Sigh..........
~Gers-O

<< Home