AstroThoughts

Monday, August 01, 2005

My kitchen is cleaner, my room is neater, and my fridge is more orderly. That, and I finished reading Harry Potter 6. That's pretty much what I have to show for this weekend. I had this nagging cough for most of last week, and then, magically, it chose the weekend the become a full-fledged cough/cold. It wasn't a regular cough, but it wasn't pneumonia. Actually, it might have been: I have no idea what the symptoms of pneumonia are.

Harry Potter was really really good. I was gaining in expectation as I read through the book, and about 3/4 way through, it just became super amazing. The author planned it out so well. I wonder how long it took her to come up with the entire storyline for the series, because it all fits so well together, while keeping each book a complete story in itself. Harry Potter, like Lord of the Rings, should be made into one 10 hour movie. Non-stop. No commercials. I'd watch it. Which reminds me that I'm looking forward to watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and the new Harry Potter movie when it comes out. I COULD have watched the former this weekend, if I wasn't coughing like crazy.

The only bright side of being sick was that I lost 4 or 5 pounds. I wasn't hungry for most of the weeknd, and I was bored, so I kept weighing myself and watching the numbers go lower and lower. If I actually worked out at all, I'd probably go down to 170. That'd be Paris Hilton skinny (in my height category).

So since I don't see anybody making any plans for the Labour Day weekend, I'm thinking of having a party at my place. Either that or just driving down to NYC for the weekend. You can't go wrong with that place. They have White Castle AND street souvlaki. Can't go wrong.

~Gers-O