AstroThoughts

Tuesday, August 02, 2005



That's me today. Actually, not quite yet, but by tomorrow morning I'll be like that. Since last tuesday I've been sick, and finally it's almost gone. Besides the fact that it was a possible bout of bronchitis, I'd say I handled it quite well. For some reason though, I'm sweating like crazy today, which is weird, since I've been indoors pretty much all day, and my air conditioning is second- to- none. Maybe I have the meat sweats.

Anyhoo, I've been looking up tickets for flights to just about anywhere today. I've looked at New York, Vancouver, Miami, Boston, Ottawa, P.E.I., England, Hawaii, and L.A. I know, that's quite a spectrum, and Ottawa is an oddball in there. But I haven't had an extra-Canada trip this year yet, and the wasted long weekend just adds to my need to go somewhere. I think I could swing a couple of days off in the beginning of September to make the long weekend a super long weekend. But that's assuming I find a good price on a flight, a place to stay, and people to go with. I'm hoping the first two will eventually turn up somewhere online. The 3rd on is always the problem. It's tough to organize things so that everyone can leave work at the same time. I'll have to work on it some more. And quickly: the long weekend is coming up in 4 weeks.

It may come down to me just having a big party on the long weekend. That seems to be easy enough to pull off. Plus that way I can invite her to the party. Now if I could just actually get in touch with her....sigh..........

~Gers-O