AstroThoughts

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

It's a good few weeks for alternative music. I bought the new Sam Roberts CD today, and it's pretty good so far. I haven't picked my favourite song yet, but I haven't listened to the entire CD yet. I'm sure it'll be like the first one though: I can put it in and play the entire CD and enjoy it all. No songs stand out, but every song is really solid. I don't have many of those, but when I find them, I buy them. Classics, in the true sense of the word.

And then in a few weeks Pilate will release their second album. I have really high expectations for that one. I still cherish my first Pilate CD, and this one better be just as good or better. They're releasing the first album in the States too, so I'm thinking they'll become a little more famous than they were last time around.

And if all of that weren't enough, apparently Billy Talent have an album coming out this summer too. Crazy. That'll be in my CD player for a few weeks for sure. I hope it's exactly like the first. No progression. No growing up. No maturing sound. Just the same amazingness.


~Gers-O