AstroThoughts

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

It's weird how we're wired to be so self-centered. We have to be self-centred, because we have to take care of everything that occurs to us all the time. But we're completely self-concerned. It's not weird, but it's just....well, it just is, and I guess in the beginning, we could have been made to not be so self-helping.

Anyways, for some people this characteristic comes into use a great excuse for doing stupid things. If you tell someone that you did some idiotic thing because you were looking out for yourself, that person will think 2 things:

1. You're stupid/an idiot.

2. You had a good reason for being stupid/an idiot.

I don't see it like that. I think using your own stupidity as a reason or excuse is even more stupid than the stupid thing itself. It makes you look like you're helpless (when that's rarely the case. we're all smart enough to not be helpless). Helpless isn't one of those things that people want to be seen as. We like receiving pity from other people, but helplessness isn't one of those things that you should want to receive pity for. Helplessness - if it's fake - is something that we should all want to never experience. So when I see someone who uses that as an excuse for being a total idiot, I feel very little for them.

Whatever.

~Gers-O