AstroThoughts

Thursday, October 28, 2004

I regularly hand out advice to people: in e-mails, in person, on the phone, on my website, in my sleep..... But seriously, this advice is warranted, because I've experienced the downside of it more than once. I'm talking, of course, about Rogers Wireless. The good things about Rogers is that they have pretty good coverage and reception, and they have good features and little things like free incoming text messages. But, when it comes to their billing department, several people need to be shot. More than 5 (five) times, they've made errors on my bill. One infamous incident had another person's cellphone on my bill for 6 months. So I was essentially paying for another person's cellphone, even though they never made any calls and never used their phone. They took 6 months to figure out that nobody owned that phone. But, this month they made a mistake by charging me for text messages that I sent, even though I have a plan for that. The "weird" thing is (and I put weird in quotation marks on purpose), they never make mistakes that favour the customer. For instance, they've never forgotten to charge me for my overage minutes. Or they've never forgotten to bill me for a month or something like that. So, I think that they actually do this on purpose; slowly and discretely taking a little from each customer, like the $4.20 that they would have gotten from me if I hadn't checked my bill and seen the charges for the text messages. Like a cashier who skims off the top by giving you incorrect change, they're doing the same.

One day, when I'm rich and famous, I'm gonna bring them down.

For now, check your bill.

~Gers-O