AstroThoughts

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Whenever I get around to working full time, I'm gonna be so crazy tired all the time, unless I get a car. Driving re-energizes me, so unless I'm driving, I'm gonna fall asleep at 6pm. This last week and a bit has been really tiring for me.

Anyhoo, I have to remember to thank MC and Charm for their reminders that it DID snow today. I'm lucky in the sense that I have a huge window right in front of my desk, so I get to see the outdoors at least. I don't feel it, because I don't go outside much during the day, but I can see it. And I saw the quasi-snow. It wasn't really snow, but close enough. One day I'm gonna get the list of the Inuit words for snow, since they have like 45 of them, and I'm gonna use them in english, and anglicize them, like hot-dog in french (chien-chaud is NOT how you say hot-dog in french). Then everyone can thank me for adding words to the english language, and further the theft of heritage from the Natives.

I went to the Rappy's game tonight. 12th row is quite nice. We had some idiots around us who kept arguing about whether Vince Carter was good or not, but other than that, it was great. The tickets were my Christmas bonus from work, and I can't think enough about how my boss is the greatest boss ever. It motivates me so much to have a boss like that. Anyways, the Raptors were awesome today, and they actually won for once while I was in attendance.

I came up with some solid lines today. One was "watch out for the water" which I said to Ser while we were walking to the ACC. I was talking about the puddles, but it sounded retarded, because it was raining like crazy, so to avoid the water, you'd have to be completely covered in water-proof something-or-the-other. I also had a completely amazing deadpan moment with Squid in a bar after the game. I was talking about a person we knew, and asked "________ has gained weight?" I kept a straight face for about 3 seconds, letting the sarcasm sink in, and then we had a great laugh. Good old fat people. We're the best people on earth.

~Gers-O