AstroThoughts

Sunday, November 21, 2004

I came about as close as possibel to getting speeding ticket today - without getting one. I was driving myself and my sister home to my parents' place for lunch on the 404, and I was doing about 160, because we were a bit late. As I passed a bunch of cars and had a clear 3 lanes in front of me, I picked up the speed to about 170. Then I saw a car pulling away from the side of the road. A second later, I saw the cop that had just stopped him for speeing pull out as well. I was coming up on him SUPER fast, because he was just starting out, and I was doing 170. I slammed on the breaks (waking up my sister) and went right down to 90. He obviously saw me, and drove really slow, so that I would pass him. The bunch of cars that I had just passed started driving around me, because I was down to 80 by this point, trying to stay behind the cop. I changed lanes to the one that the cop was in, and I just kept driving progressively slower. He slowed down to about 70, and just kept at that. I had that nervous shake that I usually get when I speed and think about what would happen if I got caught doing the speeds I do. Anyways, this time was real. He kept driving slow, and all the cars that I had passed before were passing us at 100 now. I was so sure he was going to pull me over, and I was thinking about how my license would be taken away and stuff.

Then, he turned on his flashers. I thought my heart was gonna burst, thinking of an excuse or how I could get the ticket reduced. But he had seen someone who had stopped their car on the side of the road and needed help. So I drove by him and turned my head very slightly as I passed him. He looked into my car with a mean face. I just drove on, at 120, for the rest of the way, thinking how Neo isn't the only one who can dodge bullets.

~Gers-O