I woke up today to the sound of the fire alarm ringing in our building. It happens from time to time, usually during the evening. The alarm is super super annoying, and the security guards read from this really cheesy script when they address everyone over the speaker system. But today, at 5:30 in the morning, the alarm goes off and obviously wakes me up. There was nothing wrong, but it took half an hour to get the fire department down here to turn it off. Then I tried to sleep again, but I'm not the best at going back to sleep after being woken up in the middle of the night, so I just sort of "rested" until 8:30. Then I text messaged my boss to tell him that I would be an hour late for work. I ended up being an hour and a half late. So I got into work at 11:30. He told me that I looked like garbage, and that I should go home. I told him that I was already down there so there was no use in doing that. Anyways, I went for lunch at 12, came back at 1, worked for an hour, and then my boss asked me if I wanted to go have a couple of drinks at 2. We drank from 2-6. Good old work.
~Gers-O
~Gers-O

<< Home