AstroThoughts

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Nice. At work today, my boss told me that he had closed on one of my accounts. But, it wasn't just any account; it was the very first person who I ever contacted. He turned out to be one rich mofo, who took more than a year to actually sit down with my boss. But it's worth it, because he'll be a $1 million client.

So, my boss, after telling me he had closed on the client, took me out for dinner and drinks. I had a really good steak sandwich, which came with au jus sauce. Honestly, au jus is just the liquid from cooking a steak, but they make it sound like it's something rare and special. They should just call it "meat juice". That'd be more accurate. Anyways, everytime the waitress came around asking if we were good, he'd order another round of drinks. We ended up getting 4 drinks each, and sitting there until 10:30. But it was the best conversation I've had with him. We planned out the next 6 months for ourselves, workwise, and set up some really good learning plans for me as well. I can't say it enough, that I have the best boss that I've ever known. I mean, c'mon, how many bosses buy you meat sauce......


~Gers-O