AstroThoughts

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

What a good episode of Smallville tonight. Like a phoenix, rising from the ashes....you get it. I'm gonna try to end sentences in ellipses, both in writing and spoken, because I know people can usually finish.... It's just good that they finally got away from the "sexisodes" and got back to "episodes" because I think people were being turned off by....

With Lent starting tomorrow (the 40 days leading up to Easter), smart people who practice their faith (yes, you're dumb if....) mortify themselves in some way to experience some of what Jesus....(if you don't know the end of that sentence, you're included in the last parenthetical phrase) Hopefully we all learn a little of what life is like outside of Canada, where things aren't always so nice. Talking to one friend today, who would be doing something very difficult to do because of so much built up time behind it, there's something to be said about sacrifice. And that something is greatness and holiness and piety and all sorts of good things. But it takes many small steps in order to do great things (at least so I've heard). Which is why even if you're not Catholic or Christian, or monotheistic, or even theistic, you can probably appreciate the value in sacrifice. If you can't, well, then......

I think you get it.

~Gers.....