Today:
I got on the subway to come home from work. Granted, I did get on at Queen, after picking up some birthday presents, and Queen is weirdo central. But still. I got on the CRAZY car of the subway. I'll admit, I like free stuff. Like the free knowledge I got from the middle aged man who talked the ENTIRE way up to Sheppard about several topics. He mumbled/shouted about New York, George Bush, prostitutes, libraries, cooking, stabbing in churches, ethnic differences in Toronto, and many other topics. And he had lice. Nice.
There was also a young black boy who was playing with a Barbie doll and a Catwoman doll. Yes, Catwoman was wearing her dominatrix outfit, and yes, Barbie was wearing a mini-skirt and had crimped hair. But what else would you expect on the CRAZY train?
Everyday:
Overall, my new realization for this week is that just because you use big words and/or speak well, you don't necessarily speak/write intelligently. Big words are easy to come by, and they might make you seem smart to people who are dumb and don't know many big words. But even they will realize that you're not saying much. And if you're trying to prove a point with those big words, then after you strip away the meaning of the big words, everyone can see that you don't know much, and/or you're not right about what you were saying. People use big words to comfort themselves when they're unsure of something; trying to confuse people into thinking they know what they're talking about. But they don't. So think. Think think think think think. Think.
~Gers-O
I got on the subway to come home from work. Granted, I did get on at Queen, after picking up some birthday presents, and Queen is weirdo central. But still. I got on the CRAZY car of the subway. I'll admit, I like free stuff. Like the free knowledge I got from the middle aged man who talked the ENTIRE way up to Sheppard about several topics. He mumbled/shouted about New York, George Bush, prostitutes, libraries, cooking, stabbing in churches, ethnic differences in Toronto, and many other topics. And he had lice. Nice.
There was also a young black boy who was playing with a Barbie doll and a Catwoman doll. Yes, Catwoman was wearing her dominatrix outfit, and yes, Barbie was wearing a mini-skirt and had crimped hair. But what else would you expect on the CRAZY train?
Everyday:
Overall, my new realization for this week is that just because you use big words and/or speak well, you don't necessarily speak/write intelligently. Big words are easy to come by, and they might make you seem smart to people who are dumb and don't know many big words. But even they will realize that you're not saying much. And if you're trying to prove a point with those big words, then after you strip away the meaning of the big words, everyone can see that you don't know much, and/or you're not right about what you were saying. People use big words to comfort themselves when they're unsure of something; trying to confuse people into thinking they know what they're talking about. But they don't. So think. Think think think think think. Think.
~Gers-O

<< Home