AstroThoughts

Thursday, October 13, 2005

My new LCD monitor is sweat. I just kinda wish I had a faster computer to use with it. I still have my laptop plugged into it. But that's fine, because wishing for material things is not the motivation that us Buddhists should be striving for.

I've been thinking about Christmas lately. It's only 73 days away. That's not that long. And hopefully this year we have some snow on the ground to make Christmas all that much better. I haven't put the Christmas CD into my car yet though; I'm waiting for the right time for that. Probably a day when I feel a little thoughtful or sad, because then it'll brighten my day up.

I realized what a money pit my car is today. New taillight bulbs cost $9, and tires for the winter will cost $600 after everything. And I'm getting inexpensive ones. It's a bit crazy, but the sheer bliss of driving is something I don't want to have to give up right now. Maybe in 50 years. But not now.

So the parties start this weekend. No weekend will go by without a party of some variation from now until the new year. I like that. Parties are always enjoyable: even if they're bad they're still fun to be at, just to make fun of how bad it is. But, it's expensiver than regular weekends, because you have to take something to the party, and gas costs money, and you usually have to bring some food which costs money. The little things add up, and they're not cheap.

And expensiver is a word. Just ask Billy Bob.

~Gers-O