AstroThoughts

Monday, September 04, 2006

I think my inability to sleep has passed. Last night I had weird dreams though, and the night before I slept without any dreams at all, so I think I had some built-up sub-conscious data that need to manifest itself. Plus I think I know what may have been on my mind, but we'll see if it comes back.

I just finished watching Tiger Woods win his 5th tournament in a row, and I was thinking about how lucky we - those people who were born in 1979 - have been to witness so many amazing things. Sportswise, we've experienced Wayne Gretzky, Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Barry Bonds, and so many other great sports moments (like Ben Johnson, and the Red Sox wining the pennant, and the Maple Leafs......well, not yet, but we still have time......) It's almost like I feel that it's necessary for people to break records and do amazing things, because I've always watched these things happen. Imagine how boring it'll be for people in 40 years, when they go through life not knowing anything about these times?

~Gers-O