If I become a workaholic, it's because it's so fun to do my work right now. I'm working with one guy who only has hockey players as clients. I transferred $25 thousand for a relatively famous hockey player today, and opened an account for another one as well. I can't write their names here, but suffice it to say that I feel really cool when the advisor tells me to wire money for ________, and he just uses their first name. It'd be like saying "Hey Gerson, can you wire a million bucks to Tigers account?" Not as famous as Tiger Woods, but still the same cool feeling.
I'm getting slightly better at my job too. I don't have to ask the other 2 guys, who were training me, for something every 2 minutes now. I can actually do a few things on my own. My desk is getting more full too. On monday is looked really bare, but now it's filling in nicely, just like a skinny kid who starts packing on the pounds. I'm hoping to get some food into there, and some drinks. Just juices and chocolate really, but I need to remember to take them.
I also had fun today when I got to interview 3 people to replace me in my old position. The first guy was really impressive: really well spoken, good educational background, sales experience. The only thing was he had a nose stud. Funnily enough, he mentioned that he was sorry about having it in when he sent me an e-mail later on in the day thanking me for the interview. The other 2 guys were good, but aren't going to make it. The first guy will probably end up getting it, but I'll make him sweat it out until next week, when all the other interviews are done. I have one tomorrow with a girl who can barely speak english. That's gonna be a learning experience for her. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and let her come in and have 15 minutes of time. Hopefully she'll learn something or at least get some experience in interviewing.
All of the above writing was done while trying to avoid writing about a car. But today I just couldn't stop thinking about it. It's like the msot thought about thing that I've ever experienced, because I've thought and dreamed about owning my own car since a few days before my 17th birthday. I seriously thought my parents would buy me a car for my birthday. So every birthday since then (even the recent ones) I always leave open the possibility that they might try to surprise me and buy me a car. I've told them several times that I don't want them to buy me one and that I want to buy it on my own, but I always kinda hoped that they would just do it anyways. But now it's more real than ever, because I can almost imagine myself in it. Actually, I can definitely imagine myself in it. And I can imagine the christening song. And I can imagine the feel of driving on the highway in the summer with the windows down. And the smell of the amazing air freshener scent I'll have. I can imagine it all. Seriously, this itches more than mosquito bites.
Almost time to scratch that itch.
~Gers-O
I'm getting slightly better at my job too. I don't have to ask the other 2 guys, who were training me, for something every 2 minutes now. I can actually do a few things on my own. My desk is getting more full too. On monday is looked really bare, but now it's filling in nicely, just like a skinny kid who starts packing on the pounds. I'm hoping to get some food into there, and some drinks. Just juices and chocolate really, but I need to remember to take them.
I also had fun today when I got to interview 3 people to replace me in my old position. The first guy was really impressive: really well spoken, good educational background, sales experience. The only thing was he had a nose stud. Funnily enough, he mentioned that he was sorry about having it in when he sent me an e-mail later on in the day thanking me for the interview. The other 2 guys were good, but aren't going to make it. The first guy will probably end up getting it, but I'll make him sweat it out until next week, when all the other interviews are done. I have one tomorrow with a girl who can barely speak english. That's gonna be a learning experience for her. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and let her come in and have 15 minutes of time. Hopefully she'll learn something or at least get some experience in interviewing.
All of the above writing was done while trying to avoid writing about a car. But today I just couldn't stop thinking about it. It's like the msot thought about thing that I've ever experienced, because I've thought and dreamed about owning my own car since a few days before my 17th birthday. I seriously thought my parents would buy me a car for my birthday. So every birthday since then (even the recent ones) I always leave open the possibility that they might try to surprise me and buy me a car. I've told them several times that I don't want them to buy me one and that I want to buy it on my own, but I always kinda hoped that they would just do it anyways. But now it's more real than ever, because I can almost imagine myself in it. Actually, I can definitely imagine myself in it. And I can imagine the christening song. And I can imagine the feel of driving on the highway in the summer with the windows down. And the smell of the amazing air freshener scent I'll have. I can imagine it all. Seriously, this itches more than mosquito bites.
Almost time to scratch that itch.
~Gers-O

<< Home