AstroThoughts

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

So if I have to act adult-like now, I'm certainly not gonna start looking like one. Although I think I dress more adultish than most of you - mostly out of necessity - I can still look more like a bum than you guys. So I'm gonna try an early start to my facial hair this year. I've seriously been considering the scruffy beard that makes you look super old. You know, the one that Brad Pitt has every once in a while, or the one that Jerome Iginla had during the playoffs, or the one that K-os has. I figure with a a scruffy beard and short hair, I'll have that tussled look that makes me look super cute. And really, isn't it all about looking cute?

Of course it is. And even if it doesn't work, I can always go for the goatee. I may have to curb how long I keep it for at work, but at least for the next week or so, it'll stay. Then again, I might chicken out when my boss comments on it. We'll see.

Only a couple of days left before NYC. Man, I can't wait now. I found that I had more American money than I thought, so I didn't even have to exchange any money. That's like free money! Now I'll feel even more inclined to spend it. I could use it to buy my cousin something cool for her res room. Or I could go to a Yankees game. Or watch a match at the US Open. Or I could just buy TONNES of cheap chinese food in NYChina town (you like how I combined the C with Chinese?). Or I could invest it in short-term USD denominated money market funds to realize a return far greater than any regular savings account would allow me.

I couldn't help it. I had to write something like that. I just watched Boiler Room. Just to note though, they portray brokers as being crazy, money-hungry, lying, sleazy con-men. In real life we don't lie.

~Gers-O